Saturday, February 14, 2009

Next Trip

New Year's Day 2009 at Chiripa, Madison, Wisconsin.

Madison had a timely dose of snow this morning. (Although, it was nothing like what we got at on New Year's Day pictured above.) It covered the dirty piles of snow and reminded me that we still have a lot of winter left. Lucky for me some of the Chiripa crew is leaving for a buying trip to Mexico; and I'm one of those leaving.

This trip will focus on central Mexico with a quick exploratory trip to the state of Nayarit where the Huichol people make their incredible beaded figures and yarn paintings. We'll also visit Tlaquepaque, Jalisco and San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato.

Beyond that will depend on time and circumstances. We know we will end in Patzcuaro, Michoacan and fly out of Morelia.
I will try to post periodically to this blog. Last time I was not able to upload photos, but maybe I'll have better luck this time.

I'm anxious to travel. I don't know if it's the long hard Midwest winter or just my need to explore some new places, but I'm more than ready. I'm also looking forward to seeing friends and business associates who we've met along the way. And picking out product is always fun. What recession?

Kathryn

Our stone iguana planter is getting tired of being buried in snow!

No comments: